To me, being a writer means being an avid reader, and I love talking about the books I read! Every month I put together a book recommendation roundup and tell you what I loved the most. My goal for the year is to read 100 books—what’s yours? Not included in this list is Hot Springs Murder, book two of my series that I read approximately 7,775 times in January before it’s release January 25th!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey
A character inspired by Alexis Rose gets exiled to a coastal Washington town, charms the locals, reconciles with her father’s death, and falls for a smoking hot fisherman. HOT and cute, my favorite.
2. A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Mass
BookTok made me do it, and goodness I’m so glad I did. If you previously tried this book and weren’t so sure about it…I’m begging you to read on to book two of the series, when SJM turns everything you think you know around in the most amazing way.
3. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Mass
My absolute favorite book of the entire series! I can’t stop thinking about it still. I’ve never been much of a fantasy reader, but this one did it for me!
4. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
I was on a binge, obviously! This book is an amazing culmination of first three books of the series, and I loved it so much.
5. The Geek Who Saved ChristmaS by Annabeth Albert
Low conflict, super hot, adorable couple plus Christmas? This was so cozy, so sweet, so spicy, and the perfect holiday read.
Other Books I Read in January
I loved these, too, and would recommend them to everyone!
- All The Feels by Olivia Dade – great body image and adult ADHD representation, plus fandom fun!
- Window Shopping by Tessa Bailey – cute, hot, non-traditional heroine just released from prison, holiday. Loved it!
- The Magic Treehouse Books 1-4 – I read these with my kids, and they’re always short, entertaining reads with a little bit of history thrown in.